April 28, 2006

I am Not a Machine, I am A Human Being Technology as Mediation

by Mia X. Kursions (formerly known as the Dolly Llamas)
...
Given our current reality, how can we begin to live differently? What could a less mediated, less technologically-dependent world look like for us here and now? Can we regain direct contact with our world? Does it just mean escape and isolation? How do we avoid postmodern complacency? Can there be a transition? These are all vital questions to ask ourselves, as we embark on a critique of, resistance to, and departure from this technologic nightmare that is worsening with each micro-second. While simply "going back" is not a possibility, the virus has been released and the techno-logic is everywhere, it is still encouraging that for most of our time on this planet, humans lived in direct connection with our world, without the mediating factors of technology and instrumental thinking. Perhaps our most significant lessons are here. Despite the bleak outlook, our future is still unwritten, and while I still maintain an ounce of strength and free will, while I am still of flesh and blood and can still discover and connect to my passions and dreams, I am sure that I am not a Machine, I am a human being.
...

[Ok, so we're human beings, and not machines. I can only speak for myself when I say, true - AND I use the tool of technology to express myself and to learn from others...to me the internet as a whole, is akin to mixing it up with "god," "all that is"...and accumulation of all consciousness...and then some.]

http://action.freepress.net/campaign/savethenet

http://www.savetheinternet.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home